A circuitous route to Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Stage One beginning in Munich, Germany ending in Jerusalem - traveling through Austria, Italy, Albania, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus and Israel. Second stage from Vienna, through Germany, Czech Republic, Holland, Belgium, France and Spain.
Final destination - Santiago!

Post Script: The changeable situation in Jerusalem has led to a change in plans. The Rome to Jerusalem leg of this journey has been changed to the 'End to End' in the UK, after which the journey will resume as above in Vienna.

Thursday 22 January 2015

Let the picture tell the tale!

I have arrived!
 1 mile to go........
 .....and at Lands End.

This section of my journey:-
 began in fog, ended in sunshine 
covered not 874 miles, but approx. 1,300 miles 

More to come later.  Rest time now!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a huge and fascinating achievement! I looked up the map after your last blog post and thought you still had a wee while to go- but you are There!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because the accommodation has been so tricky over the past week I have walked "backwards" on a number of days, going to what would have been my destination, and then walking back to where I left so in actual fact I was further advanced. The bonus with that was twofold - pack free, and squint free! Any vaguely south direction (whether to the East or West) means a squint because the sun is so low in the sky. Walking "backwards" has meant the sun is behind me. Thank you for all your comments Margaret. I do so appreciate them. They arrive by email which is a pepup as I start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Just tried to skype you, I'll try again later/tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Janet!! I met you in the Crown pub in Croston x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is people like you Alex who made my journey so memorable. The kind words of encouragement, time spent chatting, and a comfy place to sit and rest a while have all added to a very memorable journey. I have so enjoyed being able to yarn to people along the way, whether its been standing by a canal, on a beach, or sitting in a pub! It's a different story now as I don't have the language skills here in Germany. Thanks again. Janet

    ReplyDelete